[opendtv] Re: News: Apple Said to Prepare New 99-Cent TV Rental Service

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:58:05 -0400

I use both Netflix from Blu Ray player and AppleTV. It is a big difference
in user experience. Apple TV has smooth and very attractive interface, and
very nice playback quality and control. You do not have to use PC for any of
its operations. The Netflix streaming is very clunky, you have to go to PC
to change your "Instant Queue", it is always pushing you to rent disks and
playback control is very clunky as well.  Yes Apple TV costs more as well..
To me the value of these streaming devices for entertainment is to sit
comfortably in your chair and operate with remote control fast and
efficient. I do not know if you can beat Apple TV in that area.

Best Regards,

web: www.keydigital.com <http://www.keydigital.com/>

  _____