[opendtv] Re: News: A Generation of Local TV Anchors Is Signing Off

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 21:05:56 -0500

At 8:33 PM -0500 12/1/08, Albert Manfredi wrote:
Last Thursday or Friday, RT did a piece on the US auto industry. Fantastic. They used, I'm not joking, automobile junk yards as the backdrop, while discussing how US auto companies were likely to collapse. As if these junk yards WERE the big three. I'm not making this up. Junk yards were the ONLY backdrop used to represent the auto companies, in the entire piece. And they interviewed people in the most dismal of Detroit trailer parks, always in dismal, drizzly weather, to show what the average American worker was up against. It was so amazing.

I think they call this "Reality TV."