[opendtv] Re: New transition web site

  • From: "Cliff Benham" <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:23:51 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tom Barry
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 11:17 PM
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opendtv] Re: New transition web site

>Uhhh, Cliff, you are replying to me, Tom.

HMM, I'm sorry, I thought I was replying to Bert.
Actually it was more of a rhetorical conversation with the list...

>I've mostly been on record
>here as being in the "it probably won't very well" camp.

I also. It ceratinly isn't working now. Nothing I have *ever* received on
an ATSC receiver would ever be considered "rebroadcastable".
Of course I guess that all depends on the definition of "digitally perfect".

>But I'd still
>rather get on with it because we obviously are not going to convince
>anyone just by talking about it.
>
>The best we could hope for at this point by scaring the crap out of
>people is just more delay.  Let's just do it.  It either works or it
>doesn't.  Let people squawk if necessary.

It's going to be some squawk.

>I'll promise I'll even listen to all the "I told you so"'s you want to
>post.

I suspect mine will be drowned out by thousands of others.

>And how the heck should I have punctuated that last sentence?

A very learned person who taught college English for many years once told me
youcansayanythingyouwantanywayyouwanttoontheinternetitsokandyoudontneedtouse
punctuation
period

~Cliff

- Tom