[opendtv] Re: New transition web site

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:26:01 -0500

On 3/10/07, Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I won't venture any guesses about must-carry but under the current
interpretations of copyright law I would think any newly purchased
spectrum also effectively has retrans consent rights.  That is, cable or
satellite could likely not pirate any signal from those new channels
without permission.

- Tom

All true but the very existence of these new broadcasters rest on
their signal being received and it will be, ubiquitously. If you can
receive the signal with simple antennas in your car you will be able
to receive it easily in your home. No reason for any cable company to
rebroadcast such signals.

Bob Miller