[opendtv] Re: New transition web site

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:22:31 -0500

At 8:34 AM -0800 3/6/07, Dale Kelly wrote:
Craig wrote:
 You mean by demanding compensation from cable and DBS for their HDTV
 signals as well as the analog signal that is covered by
 re-transmission consent?

John W. wrote:
 >Aren't you tired of playing this old violin?

John's comment also applies to your constant refrain......

Can you provide me with ANY OTHER evidence that broadcasters are getting serious about making money with their digital service?

Broadcasters were given a valuable public resource in return for a FREE service to the public. Now, rather than using this valuable spectrum to create a service that the public actually wants, they are tying up even more spectrum and to leverage a huge new revenue stream from competitors.

I will continue to play this song until the spectrum is made available to competitors who will actually use it for services that the public will use. Unfortunately, when the spectrum is auctioned the new uses will NOT be free.

Henny Youngman could have done a whole comedy routine on this one...

I don't mind when my horse is left at the post. I don't mind when my horse comes up to me in the stands and asks "Which way do I go?" But when the horse I bet on is at the $2 window betting on another horse in the same race...

Henny Youngman