[opendtv] Re: New transition web site

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:56:01 -0500

Mark Aitken wrote:

> the one who is increasingly coming to know that most of what
> people think they know about "THE TRANSITION" is CRAP

Or just a different perspective, Mark.

An OTA customer and an OTA broadcaster are bound to see things in a
different light. From the customer's point of view, some stations are
doing the bare minimum, while others seem to be making an effort.

From the broadcaster's point of view, the issue (I have learned from
this list) is whether they can get cable carriage of the multicasts. If
not, they don't bother.

So broadcasters might very well be expending huge efforts trying to get
cable carriage, but the OTA customer doesn't see that, and frankly
couldn't care less. If you see what I mean.