[opendtv] Re: New transition web site

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:52:58 -0500

Mark Aitken wrote:

> We have every plan in place to retire our old flag (NTSC) in
> return for the new one (ATSC). This is why we have been
> working so very hard!!! Let's be done with it!

Hallelujia!

For what it's worth, the stations on the air now, in this market, which
IMO make effective use of ATSC are:

1. Your WBFF-DT, with an interesting multicast stream.

2. PBS stations, in particular WETA-DT, which has 4 streams to choose
from. Always something interesting in that mix.

3. The independent MHz Networks, with 4 eclectic multicasts. Always
entertaining as well, with a strong international flavor. If I have
nothing recorded, that's always a good multiplex to browse.

4. There's also a Pax station with at least 4 streams (6 numbered), but
not really up my alley.

Aside from these choices, mostly what you get is the same thing as NTSC
(better quality, of course), and some sort of weather channel or weather
radar picture. And a few stations don't offer any multicast at all. The
major network affiliates are *for the most part* the least
"enthusiastic," as far as I can tell.