[opendtv] Re: New transition web site

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:58:56 -0500

We have every plan in place to retire our old flag (NTSC) in return for the new one (ATSC). This is why we have been working so very hard!!! Let's be done with it!

Transition is a bad term for all of this BTW... ;-)

Tom Barry wrote:
Mark -

Can you predict whether the broadcasters are going to lobby for another delay? Or will they be happy enough to just finish the transition and be done with it in 2009?

- Tom

Mark Aitken (Work @ Home) wrote:
CRAP, CRAP, CRAP...nothing but CRAP. COFDM was about ensuring that our emitted signals could be recepted! It was about more than one business model! It was about remaining competitive. (We were quite willing to take existing planning factors BTW!)

Who has been continuing to drive ATSC? Sinclair (among a few others..)!

Bert, it was NEVER about delay, quite the opposite.

Mark
the one who is increasingly coming to know that most of what people think they know about "THE TRANSITION" is CRAP

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>