[opendtv] Re: New Thread: What becomes of Legacy Analog Equipment

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:43:49 -0500

If you were to ask the average US TV viewer if he would welcome the chance
to waste the cost of the 8-VSB receiver that is embedded in his new HDTV set
by changing the US modulation standard to DTMB and MPEG4 doubling the
content deliverable and making it easy to receive in his car and boat and
giving them a decent alternative to cable and satellite but OTA and tell
them that they would have to buy a new OTA receiver to replace that mandated
one in their brand new HDTV set they would respond IMO.....

What OTA receiver in my brand new HDTV set?

And

The new receivers is FREE or only cost $50 YES!!!! Let me have it now.

Bob Miller