[opendtv] Re: New Thread: What becomes of Legacy Analog Equipment

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:14:46 -0800

Bert wrote: (in part)

"The facts are, one by one all the oft-repeated objections to 8-VSB have
dropped by the wayside"

This is a false and ludicrous statement.  I never had much of a problem with
8-VSB, and I assumed that reception would improve.  It has, but to say that
all the oft-repeated objections to 8-VSB have dropped by the wayside is
either 1) a lie or 2) an ignorant statement.  There are no other choices.

Stephen Long has issues; as does Mark Schubin.  Their oft-repeated issues
have not gone away.  They are not alone.  Old receivers will persist in the
user space.