[opendtv] Re: New Thread: What becomes of Legacy Analog Equipment

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:28:48 -0800 (PST)

FYI: Starting this month, OnSat monthly magazine lists nearly ALL new HD
channels on D* and E*.
Unfortunately, they STILL don't indicate which PROGRAMS are HD.

The weekly/daily guide in the newspaper is useful for more current info, but
STILL no HD program indicator.

Despite being a cable viewer, I try to use OnSat (D*) because it includes most
of the channels.
Scrolling through all 200 (or so) channels on the cable HD-DVR takes
F-O-R-E-V-E-R.....

Clearly there is an unfilled "need" for a much better guide book.....

PS for John Wilke :
COX-San Diego (North/South) "Limited Basic" lineup includes QVC(ch21/25) and
HSN(ch22/27).

TWC-San Diego's "Basic" lineup includes SDN(ch12), HSN(ch14) & ACN(ch21).
[SDN(ch12) may be missing on ex-Adelphia in North County.]
And "Expanded" adds  QVC(ch25) & ShopNBC(ch98).

holl_ands

===================================
Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Let me guess.  Until recently you still
subscribed to the paper edition
of TV Guide and even now you use the Internet to PRINT a hard copy of
guides from zap2it, TitanTV or some such.  Is this because your PC is in
another room, or usually turned off?

And you would like the guide to be on your TV but you don't want to pay
for it monthly.  Nor do I.  I assume you do not want an always-on
broadband connected PC displaying on your TV because it is too much like
another darned set top box?  Life would probably be much simpler if you
just got an extra cheapest lowest-power-on-standby computer and
connected it to your TV.  Then the free guides would be always available
on your TV and that PC could even record and playback the
(non-encrypted) programs for you if you wished.

- Tom

--
Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx