[opendtv] Re: New Mobile HDTV Device Allows Consumers to Receive High-Definition and Digital Cable Broadcasts on Laptops

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:16:44 -0400

I'm sorry, Bert, but I remember reading a press release from August 24th, 1999 that said in part:

"With the NXT2000 we've cracked the code for indoor and mobile reception, shown that VSB is a robust and commercially viable standard, and paved the way for mass market deployment of error-free digital TV,"

Since this press release says in part:

"In addition to offering mobile high-definition television,"

you will pardon me if I don't take this particular receiver's performance at their press release's word. I've been waiting since 1999 for mobile reception to materialize.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

Mark Aitken wrote:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/1
0-17-2006/0004453407&EDATE=

The referenced articles explain that this is an LG 5th gen based design,
and the performance even in Manhattan appears to be as Mark Schubin
described for the LG prototype STB. It also works for analog and digital
cable TV (I don't think it has a CableCard feature).