[opendtv] Re: New Chips Improve Color TV Dramatically

  • From: "Cliff Benham" <cliff.benham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:07:41 -0400

In the CT-100, the original green NTSC phosphor was slower and darker =
and=20
produced a fairly dim picture. It may have been some derivitive of the=20
original P-1 oscilloscope phosphor.

All the reports I've read as well as my personal experience is that you=20
have to watch the set virtually in the dark.

So the change was made to a yellow-ish green phosphor in the 21AXP22A=20
to produce a much brighter picture.

This link to Ed Reitan's website provides a good description of the =
original
CRT and phosphor in the RCA CT-100:
http://www.novia.net/~ereitan/Gallery/CT-100_Gallery.html

Here's a link to some more information on the original 15GP22:
http://home.att.net/~pldexnis/the_15GP22.html