[opendtv] NTIA Coupons Expire

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:16:43 -0400

Dan Grimes wrote:

> Since I do not care to subscribe to cable or satellite, and
> now that I cannot get a cheap converter box, and since
> NASCAR is on cable now days so I can't even watch the one
> program I enjoyed coming from the networks, I am likely to
> go without any form of reception in Feb. '09.

Hey Dan, splurge! The Magnavox CECBs available at WalMart only cost $50.
They should be reasonably good, if their SDTV receiver is the same as
the one in my Philips SDTV PVR.

Also, don't ABC and Fox carry NASCAR on weekends? I think they do, in
the afternoon some Saturdays. And both transmit in HD. I don't follow
these races, but I have run across them from time to time, while fussing
around with my setup, and it's very good quality stuff.