[opendtv] Re: NTIA Approves First Coupon Converter Boxes

  • From: Albert Manfredi <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:14:37 -0400

John Shutt wrote:

> The first Coupon eligible STB has been announced, with retail
> beginning in January 2008, coinciding with the start of the
> coupon program.

------------------------------
http://www.tvtechnology.com/pages/s.0115/t.8790.html

[ ... ]

While Digital Stream may not be recognized by consumers, the Korean-based
company has been providing internal DTV components for more than 40 TV models
from well-known manufacturers. It offers HDTV built-in modules, receivers, HD
media players, DTV antennas and IPTV solutions.

Strange that it was Digital Stream to be the first to announce.

Good for them. They are the company that made the Accurian STBs, as well as
STBs under their own brand name, that were perhaps the best of the 3rd gen
breed.

To meet the NTIA requirements, I suppose these new Digital Stream receivers
have been improved to meet the A/74 guidelines. Would be nice to see some test
results, and to see whether some of the manufacturers will also offer HD
versions of their coupon program, bare bones STBs.