[opendtv] Re: NEWS: LG & Funai sign tru2way

  • From: Andrea Venturi <a.venturi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:22:51 +0200

all right,

thank you for this enlighting thread about this US cable television evolution.. i very appreciate all the relevant links you made to clear the on-going debate..

BTW, i'm newbie here so i really can't feel all the subtle details (where the devil is, usually.. ;-)

so just some random comments intertwined..

David Broberg wrote:

Andrea Venturi wrote:

(albeit i really don't get the pun behind tru2play.. if you want to tell me)

First you can read more details about the making of the brand here:

http://www.siegelgale.com/dialogue/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/tru2way.pdf

now i get it..

The significance of the press release is that the tru2way system is being embraced widely in the USA. Through a number of compromises by both sides the objections of those most strongly opposed have now been overcome.

Perhaps Mr. Hughes has missed some of those recent developments? I have provided some corrections to his response below: (enjoy)

-David Broberg [dB]