[opendtv] Re: NBC's Reitmeier to head ATSC board

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:27:37 -0500

Dale Kelly wrote:

> This gerrymandering has resulted in system entropy - much
> activity with few tangible results. That is, unless you are
> one of those whose interests are as Craig describes below.

The evidence of under-the-table funnybusiness to me became very clear in
the way the revolutionary Linx design, of 2002, and the actual finished
LG 5th generation product of 2003, stubbornly failed to show up in
stores in a wide variety of products. Even production schedule vagaries
can't be used as excuses for this long.

Were it not for the FCC and their mandates, there would be no OTA TV in
the US, after NTSC shutoff. This is what frustrates me when I see
modulation types being used as excuses for this state of affairs. The
car won't start, and people are obsessing over a scratch on the finish.