[opendtv] Re: NAB/MSTV Filing - The numbers are in!

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:16:01 -0700

Do you even have a clue as to how many homes don't have TV?  Nielsen DOES.
More homes have TV than indoor plumbing or phones.

How much time/trouble do you think the FCC should devote in a proceeding
involving spectrum use policies on homes that voluntarily decide to not
avail themselves of the "benefits" of television?  I'd say little to nil.

How much time/trouble do you think the FCC should devote in a proceeding
involving spectrum use policies on people who voluntarily and illegally
decide to enter the United States and/or overstay their 3 day (now
effectively 30 day) visitor passes?  I'd say none, and some of those folks
were neighbors of mine in Tijuana even a few weeks ago.

Sure, methodology of studies is always important.  But, I thought your
mission was to discern the number, not to pick away at your percieved nits
of others.  Where's your numbers?  What was your methodology?  Wasn't this
an important issue to you over the last 5+ years?

Wow! I can put two more angels on the head of this pin!