[opendtv] Re: NAB instructions for the switch to DTV

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:19:33 -0700 (PDT)

Bestbuy website shows them available in only about one store out of three
throughout San Diego, Escondido, Orange County and Los Angeles.....they are
there, but you have to search them out...

CircuitCity website shows them available at maybe half the stores in the
several S.D. and L.A. zipcodes I checked....

Of course, there should be a newer, cheaper version available "any day now"....

holl_ands

==========================
"Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: John Shutt wrote:

> The only 'converter boxes' I can find for sale are DVD recorders
> with built in ATSC tuners.

How about the Samsung STB? Anything with composite, S-video, and
component outputs qualifies, in my book.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0104000&type=category

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorylist.do?catOid=-15607&N=20012866+
20015607&c=1

(bottom of page)

They are actually available in stores, even.

Bert