[opendtv] Re: NAB forms DTV transition team

  • From: flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:55:26 -0500

Nearly all the comments I see about the DTV transition here in the U.S. seem to refer to all those European countries who have made easy work of their DTV transitions. Should I have to point out that none of those other countries have anywhere near the same numbers of viewers, OTA TV stations, square miles, geographical diversity, numbers and sizes of markets, cable systems, satellite systems

and TVs as well as an ATSC system that hardly works,
as the U.S.does?

You cannot reasonably compare the German and Dutch transitions to what is [supposedly] happening here.

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

The Germans and Dutch seem to have shut off analog successfully with
short warning times. All countries which obsess over the analog TV
shutoff seem to have delayed the event.