[opendtv] Re: NAB forms DTV transition team

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:22:13 -0500

Cliff wrote:

> Isn't this something that should have happened about 10
> to 15 years ago?

Well, I suppose could have started in 1998, 9 years ago anyway.

Maybe it's human nature that such transitions can't be started too soon.
The Germans and Dutch seem to have shut off analog successfully with
short warning times. All countries which obsess over the analog TV
shutoff seem to have delayed the event.

Shouldn't we start seeing these low cost STBs soon, those specified by
the NAB?

If this thing is pulled off by 18 Feb 2009, it will be within the
original goal of 8 to 15 years for the transition to be over.