[opendtv] NAB and 3D...News production?

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:40:37 -0700

I attend the NAB exhibition this year as I always do.  Kind of hard not to
when you live here.  I was surprised at how 3D seemed to be the overarching
theme.  At seemingly most of the booths, somebody had a 3D solution for
it's part, whether it be support systems, lenses, cameras, even
lighting--and all the displays, naturally.  By the shear breadth of
availability, it appears 3D in the home environment will be standard in the
coming years, and not just for the narrative programming.

My question is, do you thing 3D will spill into the television news
outlets?  Although it is yet to be mainstream with even sports, there was
much speculation that news would never go High Def. because it didn't need
to.  So will news go 3D in the future just as it is almost all High Def.
today?

Dan