[opendtv] Re: NAB Showcases Mobile DTV

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:05:43 -0400

I'm not sure what everybody means by "monitoring the entire stream" and
why it's bad.  I thought the equalizer chips potentially could use a lot
of power, and that's what I was worried about.  And decoding the video
potentially can use a fair amount of CPU power.  But just demuxing a
transport stream is a fairly light weight task easily done in software
even on 10 year old PC's.  I don't see the worry there compared with the
other.

- Tom