[opendtv] Re: NAB, MSTV Continue Fight Against Unlicensed Devices

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:40:06 -0700

Unfortunately, logic and good sense has fallen on "deaf lawyer" ears, and
that ship is set to sail irregardless.

Sadly, I can't wait until theres an emergency that affects blind people;
like a fire evacuation.  It's covered on the news, but some guy on an
adjacent thinks his "digital broadcast station" is more important than the
reception of emergency information in an emergency.

Of course, this sad crop of FCC Commmisioners (with the exception of J.
Adelstein, who I like even while seldom agreeing with his politics) think
they will be beyond federal service by that time.

Even sadder, some broadcasters will attempt to hire these fools in private
practice, after they have destroyed DTV.

I am reminded of "RF lighting" (now called CFL) and how it helped make AM
radio a pale imitation of it's legendary self.

John Willkie