[opendtv] Re: My PowerPoints

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:56:51 -0400

Cool.  That suggest at least a possibility the aperture part of the
problem can be helped for HD by Moore's law.   I think convolution is
one of those things that can be greatly helped by the massive
multiprocessor GPU cards if it was done at capture or telecine time.
And it sounds like the necessary math has already been studied.

I believe some of the very complicated deconvolution techniques spend
all their processing power trying to figure out which distortions they
are trying to deconvolve.   But maybe the aperture problem is simple
enough they can just predict it ahead of time for any given aperture and
camera design.  Dunno.

- Tom