[opendtv] Re: Multicast must-carry

  • From: "I. Claustrum" <iclaustrum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:03:20 -0700

Another wish from the Mediocracy. If multichannel must-carry is enforced,
you can kiss HDTV quality goodbye as locals will try to cram as many
programs into their 19.3 mbps multiplex as viewers can barely tolerate.
Remember what happened to DBS and digital cable: they spiraled down from 4
mbps starting in 1994 (near average DVD quality) to 1.5 mbps today ---
looking worse than VHS.

Yeah, we really need more channels. That's what the world is missing.

What's next?  Encrypted must-carry? Why not.  Entitlements-R-US.