[opendtv] Re: Multi-Unit Dwellings and ATSC

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:06:26 -0700

The idiots on this board state that ATSC is intended to work with a 30 foot
mast, not a 50 foot one.

However, all fixed communications systems have always (more than 50 years)
used that figure as a reference point, and that's measured from the ground.
And, no, if your rented roof is 10 feet above ground, nothing in law gives
you the right to put an antenna 20' above your roof line.  You can mount an
external antenna, of the type normally used for television reception.

Antenna rules are clearly marked on the FCC web site.

John Willkie

  _____