[opendtv] Re: Mortgage stuff

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:18:56 -0700

Bullshit - twice.  If you persist in praising a fallen, unshamed whoremonger
who is in the process of losing his public career (a former federal
prosecutor, he knew better) on a list that has nothing to do with him, nor
nothing to do with mortgages, I will very much expose you to my unmitigated
Latin ire.

However, thanks for exposing yourself as a complete and utter fool.  No, you
are only one step short of it.  Are you also drinking the "911 truth"
kool-aid?  And, what prevents you from thinking that Osama bin laden is
behind 8-VSB as well?

I believe the time is drawing nigh that either Bob Miller or I leave this
list.

One of my brothers bought a home at the tail end of the real-estate boom.
He has a good job (assistant head of a community college department; soon to
be head) and could have bought a house earlier but didn't for a number of
reasons.  He got out of his negative-amortizaton loan in good time but now
he has a variable-rate loan that could reset in September.  He's never
missed or been late on a payment, and his job appears to be firm.  However,
he can't refinance his home, as it is worth less than the outstanding
mortgage, and he could get hit hard when the mortgage rate resets. This is
his home, not a financial 'thing.'

I see no reason not to call him a victim of the current situation.  It's the
variable-rate note that will hurt.

In general, I agree with Craig on the points he raises.  However, I won't
follow Bob's link.

Maybe we'll get around to tulips again .

John Willkie

  _____