[opendtv] Re: More on test at Mark's

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:33:38 -0400

You are right. No idea how I did that. Here is the same corrected. We
actually had one solid and one breakup position with WNJN.

Here is the revised list.

With a simple omni loop in the window as we tested the first LG 5th gen
prototype last year we saw these results today with the latest of two

BRAND X prototype receivers also using the LG 5th gen chip.

2-1     56   CBS         100-79 pixelation a little and movement behind the
antenna could cause minor breakup

4-1     28    NBC        85-100 solid

5-1     44    Fox          74-59 solid

7-1     45    ABC        50-42 pix a very little and with movement

9-2     38   UPN        74-65 solid

11-1    33   WB         54-42 pix a little not bad with movement also

41-1    40   WXTV    97-85 solid

68-1    53   WFUT    100-79 solid

Didn't receive either WNJN or WNJT both of which we did receive last year with
same antenna but using LG 5th gen prototype.

_____________

(1)Using Silver Sensor which we did not use last year with LG 5th gen
prototype. That receiver was so good with the simple loop that we did little
testing with other antennas. I did try a RS bow Tie and a $125 plastic thing
but rejected them immediately. Today we only used the loop

and the Silver Sensor.

2-1      56   CBS         74-68  Lower numbers but far better reception.

4-1      28   NBC         97-85 solid

5-1      44    Fox           50-42 break up severe

7-1      45    ABC         54-50 solid

9-1      38   UPN          59-54 solid

11-1    33   WB            50-42 solid

29-1                              42 nothing no pic

41-1    40   WXTV        79 solid

68-1    53   WFUT        100 solid

Didn't receive either WNJN or WNJT both of which we did receive last year with
same antenna but using LG 5th gen prototype.

_______

(2) New position Silver Sensor

2-1      56   CBS         97-85 solid  Lower numbers but far better reception.

4-1      28   NBC         91-74 solid

5-1      44    Fox           74-63 some pixelation and with movement

7-1      45    ABC         68-59 solid

9-1      38   UPN          97-74 solid

11-1    33   WB            NOTHING

29-1                              0 NOTHING

41-1    40   WXTV        97-91 no decode

50           WNJN         38-36 breakup

68-1    53   WFUT        100 solid

Didn't receive WNJT which we did receive last year with same antenna but using
LG 5th gen prototype.
_______

(3) New position Silver Sensor

2-1      56   CBS         100 solid  Lower numbers but far better reception.

4-1      28   NBC         100-85 solid

5-1      44    Fox           79-54 some pixelation and with movement

7-1      45    ABC         63-54 solid

9-1      38   UPN          85-79 solid

11-1    33   WB            74-68 solid

29-1                              0 NOTHING

41-1    40   WXTV        100-91 solid

50           WNJN      64-54 solid

68-1    53   WFUT        100 solid

Didn't receive WNJT which we did receive last year with same antenna but using
LG 5th gen prototype.
_______

(4) New position Silver Sensor (some question on my notes here- was losing
interest)

2-1      56   CBS         100 solid  Lower numbers but far better reception.

4-1      28   NBC         100 solid

5-1      44    Fox           100 solid

7-1      45    ABC         100 solid

9-1      38   UPN          100 solid

11-1    33   WB            nothing

29-1                              0 NOTHING

41-1    40   WXTV        breakup

68-1    53   WFUT        ???

Didn't receive either WNJN or WNJT both of which we did receive last year with
same antenna but using LG 5th gen prototype.

Bob Miller