[opendtv] More on 5th gen receiver

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:04:04 -0500

Since talking to Korea I have opened the tuner that is used in the
current 5th generation receiver that we tried at Mark's. You can see it
at this site.

http://public.fotki.com/robmx/5th_generation_test/

The first image is of the LG display at CES with their tuner card and
others shown together. I don't think that this tuner is any one of
those. It does have the 5th generation, LGDT3303, VSB/QAM Receiver, LG
Electronics Inc., 0421 on board.

It does not seem as complicated as the LG tuner card in the first photo.
I cannot make out what that card has on it.

I am beginning to suspect that the tuner in the receiver that we tested
last week is ALSO an LG tuner card but not as complicated as the one on
display at CES. In going over my notes I see that they said that the
manufacturer of the tuner card they were using was "Energy Innotech". I
am now re interpreting that to be LG Innotech.

Bob Miller

http://sic.lge.com/products/lgdt3303.htm

http://www.16nine.com/archives/2005/01/06/ces-review/