[opendtv] Re: More TiVo-to-go

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:29:12 -0500

I think they mean portable as in pocketpc or palmos device. This is
nothing that can't be done quickly with software using the host cpu.
Transcoding a SD clip to 320x240 video @ 300kbits can be done faster
than realtime on even the slowest CPU. Ofcourse, if the PVR needs to
squirt this out, then the AMD chip no doubt would be of assistance the
the overburdened and underpowered STB CPU.

Cheers
Kon