[opendtv] Re: More Black Friday deals

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:42:01 -0500

I was more thinking about smaller $300 flat screens. Whatever qualification you have for the voucher, if you found those folks would prefer to spend the $40 towards the integrated set, why not allow it?

If bread and circuses get the politics done and the transition over, why not do it? The voucher money is coming out of spectrum sales anyway.

- Tom

John Shutt wrote:
Bah.

The original object of the vouchers was to ensure that after analog was turned off, those people who rely on OTA only and can't afford a new set could be assured continued OTA service with their existing NTSC set without hardship. That notion I fully support.

Now the vouchers should become another 'Gimme Gimme' entitlement for everyone regardless of income to spend on $700 flatscreens?

More Bread and Circuses.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Barry" <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>

It is starting to look like the price of integrated LCD TV's is coming down fast enough Congress should allow those STB coupons to be used on those. It would probably speed the transition more than the STB's that nobody intends to make.

- Tom

Tom Barry                       trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx
Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com