[opendtv] Re: Mobile DTV test

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:56:54 -0400

Again you focus on the extreme use only. I would agree personally. I
would not want to watch video on a cell phone particularly but again if
my cell phone offered DTV you would probably find me watching it from
time to time. I don't remember any one clamoring for a digital camera in
their cell phone either. If Motorola hadn't listened to advice like
yours they would be better off on that one.

Prediction, if and when cell phones offer DTV reception in any country,
sales of those cell phones with DTV reception will outsell 8-VSB
receivers that year by 10,000 to one.

All the HDTV clamoring not withstanding.

And again I would expect more demand from devices with larger screens
than typical cell phones. My idea of a perfect Gizmo would be a
pocketPC/GPS/cell phone/camera/TV/navigation device that fits
comfortably in my shirt pocket and has a 10 inch hi res screen.

Bob Miller

Oh the screen rolls up and the battery last a week also.