[opendtv] Mobile DTV antenna reccomendation?

  • From: Mark O'Brien <mobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:32:36 -0500

Anyone know where I can get an omni directional DTV antenna that can be
installed on a car?  I am testing Mobile DTV in the DC area and want to see how
reception using an external antenna compares to the built-in dongle antenna.  I
am also doing regular DTV (non-mobile) reception testing of the main signal
while stopped.

I am most interested in UHF.  I have a DVB antenna from Europe that says it
works with VHF and UHF, but it has horrible performance.  Short of cutting a
coat hanger to the right length for a full wave (about 21") or half wave (about
10.5") and figuring out how to connect 75Ohm coax to it, is there anything out
there commercially that anyone is aware of?

Thanks,
Mark O'Brien
SpectraRep
mobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx