[opendtv] Re: Millennials Reconnect the Cable Cord as Children Arrive - The New York Times

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 02:12:26 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

I think it's funny how Craig slips up time and again, showing
that he's a mouthpiece for MVPDs. Hey Craig, when have I ever
said the sky is falling? I've consistently said that TV is
getting better. The "sky is falling" if there's more TV
choice and less collusion? How so?

Seriously?

You tell us that people are cutting or shaving the cord en
mass,

Seriously? And you don't see how you're showing your true colors? Why would
anyone, not wedded strictly to the legacy MVPD formula, think this cutting and
shaving are a bad thing for TV? We have seen multiple articles explaining how
TV viewership is higher than ever. We have seen, after I pointed this out to
you Craig, that Nielsen wasn't counting TV viewership well in the past, because
it was only counting the luddite viewers. (You had missed all of this, Craig.
You kept telling us that no one was watching TV anymore.)

So where you get any "sky is falling" message in any of this?

You tell us that more than half of all TV viewing is now
online,

And on what planet could this be considered a bad thing, Craig? Imagine, the
notion that you can get TV content from multiple sources, without being walled
up. Why does this frighten Craig, one wonders.

You tell us that you can access a world of TV content for
free via the Internet,

For free, ad supported, where those ads are more effective (better retained),
OR for a subscription fee, from any number of competing sites. Wow. And this is
bad? How truly strange!