[opendtv] Re: Microtune MT2130 Tuner

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:53:44 -0500

Mark Aitken wrote:

> In the context of my question...nope! Actually, I think that most of
the
> respectable suppliers would say that the referenced guideline isn't
asking
> for THAT much either...as a matter of fact, the response by some to
the
> NTIA was that the referenced guidelines could be easily exceeded...and
> promised to do so!

That's good news.

There are three manufacturers of all-standards DTT tuners that I know
of:

Microtune
Xceive
Zarlink, now Intel

In all cases, their all-standards tuners are not being claimed to be
A/74 compliant. But the ATSC-only tuners, at least in Microtune's case
(I didn't check the others) are.

I don't know what to make of this. Could be that DVB-T folks don't want
to see that their tuner meets an ATSC spec. At least, that's the
optimistic interpretation.