[opendtv] Re: Microtune MT2130 Tuner

  • From: flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:20:08 -0500

Yep, just as I suspected. It was full moon two days ago and some people are still looney.

John Willkie wrote:

Do you tit-for-tats with Bert.  You said DVB boxes would sell well around
the world, and you were incorrect because DVB isn't available terrestrially
but in a small part of the world.

You seem clueless about HDTV.  It's what is driving US TV sales right now,
and will in all 8-VSB countries.  I've even heard Wal-Mart shoppers say "I
don't want to settle for SDTV." HDTV is at best an afterthought in DVB
countries.  In a marketing sense, the picture quality is a reason to buy a
new set.

In DVB countries for the moment, it's the generally scarcity of over the air
channels that drives DVB technology.  You are clueless about this as well,
despite my having pointed it several times, and I constantly allude to it.
(It's what's behind "there are more DTV stations in Tijuana than DTV
stations in all of the U.K.")

Note that I didn't say that ATSC boxes would sell well around the world.
8-VSB boxes and sets are what are being promoted in stores and ads this
season; judging by my TV watching, more so than even iPods.

John Willkie, who is done with this sub-thread.