[opendtv] Re: Microtune MT2130 Tuner

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:05:14 -0500

John Willkie wrote:
I just love anecdotes by Westerners in China who -- going by the quote --
are just now this year seeing (merchantilist-driven) Christmas displays in
China.  It's almost as if they have more celebrations of Christmas in
Beijing than Mexico City (Mexico is 80+% Catholic, China being about 1%
Christian, even if deeply hidden).  It's an amusing anecdote, since a small
part of China's population is in Beijing.
If you will carefully check the stories I submitted, you will find:
a) they are not all from this year
b) they are not restricted to Beijing
c) they include reports from Chinese, not just "Westerners" (and one is from Central China Television)

In any case, as he pointed out (and as should have been obvious from his message, Bob was referring to the buying season, not to any religious observances.

Your point on the limited number of countries with DVB-T is well taken. As for the rest, enjoy your holiday.

TTFN,
Mark