[opendtv] Re: Microtune MT2130 Tuner

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:01:18 -0500

Mark Schubin wrote:

[The Microtune MT 2130 tuner]

> As best I know, it's just a tuner.  For DTT, it would still need
> an 8-VSB demodulator, error correction, demultiplexing, and
> MPEG-2 & AC-3 decoding (among other things).

True. I checked the Microtune site. But all the rest, beginning with
8-VSB demod and through to MPEG video and audio decoding, is done by one
chip, potentially, such as the ATI Xilleon 240.

http://ati.amd.com/products/xilleon240sh/index.html

Microtune also makes an ATSC-specific tuner, the MT-2131, also dual
conversion like this one, and a low-cost single conversion
DVB-T-specific tuner, the MT-2266.

http://www.microtune.com/products/