[opendtv] Re: Microtune MT2130 Tuner

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:08:19 -0500

My daughter brought home a friend from college for Thanksgiving, a
Fulbright scholar from Bahrain. They celebrate Christmas there and she
is a Bahai Iranian.

Japan is big on Christmas. They probably spend more than Germany.
Russia is big on Christmas with gifts given on New Years Eve. They are
thirteen days behind us though as to Christmas.

Taiwan is working on making Christmas a holiday.China has their Spring
Festival (Chinese New year) at the end of January which is the atheist
answer to Christmas there though traditional Christmas is celebrated
by some.

India celebrates Christmas and it is a national holiday. They
celebrate it like many of us as a secular event, an excuse for
spending on presents and good times.

It is the season to spend in most of the places you list which was my point.

This I know John.

And thanks for your continued instructions in the art of life.

Bob Miller

On 12/6/06, John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You mean that ETSI hasn't published a TR to deal with receiver issues akin
to the TR101-290 for transport stream issues?

And, you mean that Christmas is celebrated widely in, say India, China,
Japan, Taiwan, Russia and the middle East?  Somehow, that's more than half
the world's population.

Bob, it's better to speak of what you know, or risk showing ignorance.

John Willkie

P.S.  What percentage of those French households can receive terrestrial
HDTV?  Do you think that they lose something by down rezzing?