[opendtv] Re: Microsoft's Masters: Whose Rules Does Your Media Center Play By?

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:15:31 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> They assigned the exact meaning to the redistribution control
> flag as defined by the ATSC. In this case NBC set the flag to
> "copy never."

Or on the other hand, I can't tell just how obtuse you are trying to be
here.

Maybe you're not being obtuse, and you think that it was a CGMS "copy
never" setting that was the culprit, and not the broadcast flag at all?

If the latter, then that CGMS "copy never" code itself should be ignored
by recording devices, or given the same meaning as "copy once," to honor
the Betamax decision.