[opendtv] Re: Microsoft Exec: 1080p HDTV Is Meaningless

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:20:48 -0400

 So here is a case where square pixels don't help in preventing
 distortion, and where non-standard display aspect ratios conspire
 to create that distortion.

Get a new computer, or take the time to find the proper drivers. There is no excuse for this. Must be a PC problem...

The point is, Craig, this is REALITY.

Go find a non-standard aspect ratio display, look at the video drivers
that come with it, and let me know when you find any that don't create
distortion on most of the settings. There might be "no excuse" for this,
but that doesn't mean it isn't the norm.

1280 x 1024 is a STANDARD resolution; it has been around for more than a decade and has been well supported on every platform I have seen.

Perhaps the problem is with less than reputable manufacturers who push poor products without the proper support. I have never seen these issues on a Mac.