[opendtv] Re: Mediaflo Technology

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:34:22 -0500

I'm not sure I understand that. I thought a properly sampled signal with only Nyquist frequencies could accurately represent the input signal even in the face of shifting the image left or right a fractional pixel. Is that different in analog?

Or is that not what you are referring to?

- Tom

Allen Le Roy Limberg wrote:
Comparing resolution of analog and digital systems on a pixel per line count
ignores the important fact that edge position resolution is not
pixel-bounded in the analog transmission.  No quantum shifts as in a digital
sampled-data transmission.

Al
----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com