[opendtv] Re: Mediaflo Technology

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:17:13 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

"Local" in this context means "we think we might be able to get some local
content from broadcasters" and local or regional weathercasts.  (to which I
thought: either they don't have a clue, or they haven't considered the
broadcaster's opportunity costs.)

"Local interest" has an even more distant connection to local.

John Willkie

P.S. By the way, at least two Qualcomm (and I assume MediaFlo) engineers if not
executives are on this list.  I believe I've even met one face-to-face
(although I didn't let on that I 'knew.')