[opendtv] Re: Mag-lev

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:10:45 -0500

How is this. Free fall is the absence of any resistance or counter
force to a body's obeying the laws of gravity.

What speed would be reached as you pass the center? Anyone know? I don't

Bob Miller

On 11/1/06, Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think it would be effectively free fall everywhere falling thru the
center.  At least it should feel like it, the same at both ends and the
center.  For that matter it should feel like free fall even if you were
just floating motionless at the center.  In all cases there is no
relative acceleration pushing one part of your body into another
(ignoring human size tidal stress).  But maybe I misunderstand the
definition of "free fall".

- Tom

Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com