[opendtv] Re: MPEG2 HD creation on a Mac

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:30:48 -0400

Thanks Craig.  I actually had the Heuris page on my screen when I
read this email.  Unfortunately, even if it works exactly as we need,
$5K is a non-starter.  The Apple tools do not do HL.

It'll be much cheaper for me to change some of my playback hardware
and switch to MPEG4.  Those tools (and now H.264) are all there.  H.
264 is quite impressive.