[opendtv] Re: MPEG2 HD creation on a Mac

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 08:37:25 -0700

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 09:26 -0400, John Golitsis wrote:
> Thanks Kon...this might be just the ticket....if only I could get the
> install to work!  I can't seem to download a proper binary of
> mpeg2enc (keeps coming through as a text file) and even if I uncheck
> that from the installation panel, I get:
>
> ##cp: /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/mencoder: No such file or
> directory
>
> Any ideas??

Both mpeg2enc and mencoder for OSX are on sourceforge.
If youre having problems, try a different mirror - someone may have
hosed up the sync.

For mencoder:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/
You can also try Versiontracker

get the mpeg2enc and mplex binaries here:
http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/MacOS/

also check
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t263379.html

Cheers