[opendtv] Re: MIMO

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:49:26 -0400

1995-1999, many tests of C-pol vs. H-pol, were conducted, and the results had one thinking that there was no improvement (there HAD been much noted improvement for NTSC). Knowing now what we know about the early receivers, there is much "rethinking" going on...particularly wrt mobile and small whip/stick antennae. There is little doubt in my mind that there IS an improvement. There is some new work being started (i.e. the AFCCE upcoming meeting with a discussion by Kerry Cozad of Dielectric). Much more work will happen....

From: "Cliff Benham" <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

For ATSC this idea seems like a huge miss. Where was it 10 years ago?
I have not ever seen this expressed anywhere before now.

<>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>
Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology