[opendtv] Re: Local Content Considered Key to Mobile DTV Adoption

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 08:35:51 -0500

At 6:23 PM -0500 12/12/09, Albert Manfredi wrote:
I think you and Craig are overly emphasizing "local content." In the article, what they are talking about is simply interest among 18-29 year olds in being able to watch their local TV stations on their cell phones, and the only "local content" even mentioned, that they might be interested in, was news and weather, no different from the (local) content they can already get on broadcast TV.

Or via their smart phone via the Internet.

Why would I waste my time waiting for a local newscast or weather report when I can access this stuff on demand in a matter of seconds?