[opendtv] Re: Local Content Considered Key to Mobile DTV Adoption

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:09:32 -0600

Peter Wilson wrote:

> You may find this link interesting.

Peter, I had seen Project Canvas mentioned in the dtg.org.uk web site recently.

I can see why Sky woulkd not be too thrilled. After all, IP unicasts cannot
exactly make good use of their DBS spectrum.

This sounds similar to what the FCC is trying to make the cable companies do.
Which is, convert their cable STBs into generic IP routers, making all the TVs
out there capable of browsing the web. Maybe even do more.